Printing to a PDF file
How to Print to a PDF file
You will want to create a PDF file from the print view of the task or assignment you are working on.
When you create a PDF from your print view you will get a very accurate rendition of what you see on your screen. Including images.
This is the best way to save your entire assignment.
- Click the print link on the task or assignment you wish to save.
- This will take you to the print view.
- This view make look strange, but that is normal because this page is formatted for printing and saving not for reading.
- Select Print from the File menu
- This will bring about different results in different browsers.
- However, all browsers will print to PDF
- These instructions will describe the process in Chrome
- In Chrome
- Your page will be reformatted and you will be given a set of print options on the left side of the page.
- If "Destination" does not say "Save as PDF" click "Change".
- From the popup window select Save as PDF.
- Select any other options you desire from the options on the left hand side of the page.
- Click Print. And it will save a PDF version of the page you are trying to save.
- Other browsers
- There are many variations on different browsers and operating systems but the thing you are looking for is the print dialog box.
- From the print dialog box look for an option to "print to a file" and follow the instructions given from there.